About Senioruniversitetet i Lillestrøm "SUL» (English)
- "Senioruniversitetet i Lillestrøm" (SUL) is an U3A-organization (“University of 3rd Age”) in Lillestrøm, Norway.
- Lillestrøm is the center town in the municipality with the same name, located about 20 km. northeast of Oslo – midway to the OSL Airport Gardermoen.
- The organization was established in 1993 and has since then, grown to more than 1,400 members in 2020.
- The main aim of the organization is the education and stimulation of its members, by providing them a forum to study subjects of their interest, exchange of experience, social contact, participate in study groups, educational travels, etc.
- The organization is administered by volunteers elected by its members, at the annual meeting in February each year.
- The structure of the organization is a Board led by a Chairman, and several Committees.
- The Board arrange about 12 annual plenary meetings, on subjects deemed of interest to the members.
- The committee for Art and Culture (Kunst og Kultur - KK) arrange visits to concerts, museums, theaters etc.
- The committee for Travel (Reise) arrange travels, generally of a cultural and/or an educational nature.
- The committee for History, Society and Science (Historie, Samfunn og Vitenskap – HSV) arrange series of lectures for in depth studies of selected subjects each semester.
- The members of the board and of the committees do their work without remuneration.
- Individuals in the age of 55+ are welcome as members.
- The annual membership fee is at present NOK 250 (about 22 EURO). This covers expenses for meeting rooms and lecture fees or all plenary meetings.
- Non-members may attend a plenary meeting, at a fee of NOK 100 (about 11 EURO) per meeting.
- The expenditures for Art and Cultural arrangements, Travels and HSV-seminars are covered by participation fees for the specific arrangement.
Click links below to see (in Norwegian):
Members of Board and Committees ("Styre og komiteer") – check current year
Membership Development “SUL medlemsutvikling”) – from 1993 and forward